San Diego Bicycle Accident Attorneys On Your Side
Our attorneys help people get the financial compensation they need after being injured in bicycle accidents. We know how to fully assess the cost of these injuries, as well as determine who is liable and how to obtain compensation through insurance and personal injury lawsuits.
From our decades of experience, we understand how difficult it can seem for victims of bicycle accidents to get the financial compensation they need for medical bills, lost income, rehabilitation and more. Let our team assess the full value of your case and help you get the compensation you deserve. Before you accept an insurance company’s initial settlement offer, talk to us. We have a long record of success with tens of millions of dollars recovered for our clients. We want to help you, too.
For a free case evaluation, please call Padilla Law Group at 760-536-4415 or complete our contact form. Our office is in Encinitas, and we proudly represent bicycle accident victims throughout San Diego and Imperial counties. We do not get paid unless we win for you, so there is no risk at all in contacting us for a free case evaluation.
What To Do And What To Avoid After A Bicycle Accident
Right after a bike accident, injured riders are likely discombobulated, disoriented, and just generally shaken up. Here are some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when you’ve had an accident.
- Do seek medical attention for injuries.
- Do obtain contact and insurance information from the driver of the vehicle that hit you.
- Do get contact information from any witnesses to the accident. The witnesses can help give their view of what happened in the accident.
- Don’t say you’re fine when you’re not. You may have a tendency to downplay what happened to you and not want a confrontation, but stating you are not hurt when you actually are will only make your case harder to make later when you are thinking more clearly.
- Don’t admit fault for the accident.
- Don’t give a recorded statement if the other party’s insurance company contacts you. They can use a recorded statement against you. Their goal in taking a recorded statement is to have you on record saying you are not injured.
Answers To Frequently Asked Bike Accident Questions
Below, we’ve answered some of the questions our attorneys are asked most often by clients and prospective clients. After you’ve finished reading, we invite you to contact us with any additional questions you may have.
Can I get compensation after a bicycle accident?
Yes, you may be able to file a bicycle accident claim with the insurance company of the driver who hit you. Bicycle accident claims often seek compensation for medical expenses, lost income, lost earning capacity and more. Because insurance companies are notorious for offering lowball settlements, however, it is wise to hire an attorney who can aggressively negotiate on your behalf and, if necessary, take your case to trial. Our attorneys can explore every available option for securing compensation for your injuries.
Can I still get compensation if I was partially at fault for a bicycle accident?
Yes, you can. California recognizes a legal principle known as pure comparative negligence. This means that even if you share fault, you may still be entitled to compensation. It is important to note, however, that your available compensation will be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you. If you were 35% at fault, for instance, you could still recover 65% of the total damages you were seeking. When you hire our firm, we will work tirelessly to prove that the other party was largely or entirely to blame in order to maximize your financial recovery.
Why are bike accidents becoming so common?
Unfortunately, bicyclist injuries and deaths are on the rise in California and nationwide. There are many reasons for this, including:
- Increasing speed limits in urban areas
- The growing popularity of SUVs and other large vehicles that make accidents more injurious and deadly
- Infrastructure that caters to the convenience of cars but is often hostile to the safety of bicyclists and pedestrians
- A car-centric culture that treats bicyclists as unwanted nuisances rather than fellow travelers who have an equal right to use the roads
There are many activists working to change laws and culture to protect bicyclists, but progress is slow. In the meantime, any bicyclist who has been seriously injured by a negligent driver has the right to seek full and fair compensation and to hold that driver accountable in civil court.
Our team also represents victims of e-bike accidents. If you were injured while riding an e-bike, or if you were injured by a negligent e-bike rider, contact us today. We can help.
Get Your Free Consultation Now
Seeking advice from a bike accident attorney early on after a bike injury is most helpful. Our attorneys at Padilla Law Group, LLP, can help protect your rights to seek compensation from the at-fault party in the accident. We can also negotiate maximum compensation and ensure that you are treated fairly. Call our Encinitas office at 760-536-4415 to discuss your case in a free consultation. Our attorneys get paid only once you get paid, so there is no risk in contacting us. You may reach out by phone or through our online contact form if that’s more convenient. We achieve exceptional results for our clients and can help you see what your case may be worth.